OPFactions Staff Application

Discussion in 'Apply for Helper' started by Mattstache, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Mattstache

Mattstache New Member

IGN (In-Game Name): MagmaLikesFood

Age (Must be 11+): I'm 12 years old

Server you are applying for: Velocity OP Factions

Current rank: VIP

As a staff member how would you go about answering a request like, "A player is harassing me please make them stop": At first, I would need solid evidence of the event. If it is harassment, then I would give a verbal warning. If the harassment continues, I would give 1 more verbal warning. If the harasser does not listen, I would tempmute them with permission of a higher staff member. If this continues even further, I would have to resort to a mute. After mute, if it STILL continues, it goes to tempban with permission of a higher staff member, and then ban if happens again.

How long have you been active on the Velocity Server: Since August of 2017

How long have you been active on our forums: Since August of 2017
    How often do you visit the forums: Very active. I check the forums daily, but is not guaranteed on weekdays. I may skip a day or two, but never more than 2.

Why should we choose you as a staff member?: You should choose me as a staff member because I am a friendly, active, and interactive user on this user. I am active on this server almost every day, and really enjoy interacting with other users. This server has been one of the best servers I've seen in a long time. Everybody knows each other, with the staff always being there to help one of their players, and I want to do the same. I feel the need to always help other people, even if it's somebody who I don't like much, I'll still help. I think I would be able to give some new ideas for additions to op factions, and since I've experienced some issues with the server since August of 2017, I think I could bring the problems attention as many of my friends who play this server experience as well.

What timezone do you live in: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

When are you usually on our server (In your timezone format): Around 5PM on weekdays, and anytime on weekends.

Do you use Skype, If so, can you join our Staff Group: I do have skype and use it regularly.

Do you use Discord, If so, can you join the Discord server: No

If a player needs to be perm banned but you are incapable of perm banning, what do you do?: I contact a higher staff member, and list the reason that the individual(s) should be tempbanned/banned

Can you commit to the staff position for a minimum of 30 days: Yes

Other information we should know: None
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  2. djfaster1

djfaster1 Co-Owner Staff Member Co-Owner

After reviewing your application I am not going to Accept or Deny it yet, instead I am going to give you a chance to edit your application.

Also note that this is constructive criticism and I am trying to help you get accepted. Anyway you need more detail mostly at "why should we choose you as a staff member" it should be the most detailed answered as it shows you are willing to take time and commit to the server. As for your answer to "if a player needs to be perm banned..." Yes you should contact a higher ranking staff member, but you should have some form of proof to show you aren't just trying to get someone banned since most of the staff members prefer having solid evidence before banning a player so if they make an appeal and claim a false ban we have the proof.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mattstache

Mattstache New Member

I edited it, and thank you for the constructive criticism! Thank you for giving me a chance to review and edit my response! Oh and thanks for the coupon tip dj!