1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepted Staff Application

Discussion in 'Apply for Helper' started by OriginCreator, Dec 26, 2017.

?

Is this application Good?

1. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OriginCreator

OriginCreator New Member

IGN (In-Game Name): OriginCreator2

Age (Must be 11+): 13

Server you are applying for: Any server but mainly Op Prisons because it is the most active that this time.

Current rank: Prestige 4 (Yankee) and my donor rank is ShadowPrisoner

As a staff member how would you go about answering a request like, "A player is harassing me please make them stop": If I was informed from a player they were being harassed from another player I would first find out proof that they were being harassed. If it was Via /msg i would use social spy to confirm they were harassing the player. If they were blatantly saying it in chat that would just make it more simple.

Once that I have confirmed that this player is harassing another player i would proceed to verbally warn them "(Name) Can you please stop saying mean comments to (Name).

If the player continues on to be rude to the other player i would then /warn them and tell them again not to be rude to said player and tell them if they kept doing what they were saying there would be a punishment.

If they then were still being rude (Which i would hope they would not) I would then give them a 5-10 minute mute for said reason (Harassing)

If it still continues the mute will become longer. 1 hour, 3 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, perm. Although if it did have to come into play i would also temp ban them. If they bypass the mute then I would temp ban them from the server and if they bypassed the ban I would extend the ban and if I had to IP Ban them.

How long have you been active on the Velocity Server:

Currently I have been playing for a few months. I have taken a bit of a break but i do come on regularly and sometimes help out newer players.

How long have you been active on our forums:

I haven't posted much yet on the forums put I do tend to check the forums. Which is said in the next part.

How often do you visit the forums:

I check the forums a lot. I mainly look at some interesting posts people put on the forums and some interesting staff applications.

Why should we choose you as a staff member?: I have been a long time member to the server. I remember when the server was just towny and the only donor rank was 1$. I always help out a player if I have the chance to. I love to play on the server and support it when I can, I have also donated a fair amount of money to the server to keep it good and running. But mainly I am not applying to have the power of staff but to have fun and help out new or even older players when I can. I love to play and help out people on the server. That is my reason why you should choose me as staff.

What timezone do you live in: Eastern Time Zone (EST)

When are you usually on our server (In your timezone format): Right now i am currently focusing on school and getting good grades but i can hopefully join any day of the week. Currently when I am righting this I am on Christmas Break so i have a lot of time to be active on servers.

Do you use Skype, If so, can you join our Staff Group: I do have Skype but i do not use is much anymore. I mainly only use it for family purposes. But my Skype is OriginCreator.

Do you use Discord, If so, can you join the Discord server: Already in it. The name of my account is ℝ.

If a player needs to be perm banned but you are incapable of perm banning, what do you do?: If I had access to /jail i would jail them until a staff member comes on. If i had temp ban i would also temp ban them until staff comes on. I would try to DM a staff member on the Discord or Skype and try to keep the player out of danger to other players. Also if they were advertising I would temp mute until staff gets on.

Can you commit to the staff position for a minimum of 30 days: Yes
    Other information we should know: I have 2 Alts.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  2. ImAVelociter

ImAVelociter New Member

Could use some more information but good application

good luck
  3. LeMario

LeMario Member

I agree with ImAVelociter, this apply need more info.
    Good Luck
  4. OriginCreator

OriginCreator New Member

Could you give me a example of what information i missing in my application?
  5. Centipede_Ken

Centipede_Ken Co-Owner Staff Member Co-Owner

Looks good to me :D
  6. DrDoctor

DrDoctor New Member

I'm staying neutral for now. Reasons for that are listed below:

• Lack of detail
  7. djfaster1

djfaster1 Co-Owner Staff Member Co-Owner

This application has been
    Accepted!
    Welcome to the staff team!